For those students who have completed their education in secular
educational institutions, One Year Diploma in Islamic Discourse is a great
opportunity. After completing this course students will be able to
understand the fundamental truths and worldview of Islam and reflect on
the contemporary problems in its light. Students will be taught Quranic
Arabic to the extent that they can read and understand Quran with the
help of dictionary. Fundamentals of religious sciences i.e. Uloom ul Quran,
Usool e Tafseer, Usool e Hadith, and Fiqh etc will be covered as well.
Authentic texts covering a myriad of themes in Islamic Studies will be
provided for self-study.
- Tilawat and Tajweed
- 80% vocabulary of Quran
- Exegesis of Surah Muhammad, Surah Fath, Surah Hujraat, Surah
Hadeed, Surah Saff; Surah Taghabun, Surah Talaq, Surah Tahreem; last
18 Surahs and other selected portions from Quran
- Applied grammar
- Approx. 2000 Ahadith
- Urdu language and literature (Selected writings of Syed Maududi and
selected poems of Allama Iqbal, Akbar Ilahabadi, and Altaf Husain Hali)
- Islamic history (Prophets in Quran; The period of Prophet Muhammad and rightly guided caliphs; Islamic movements throughout history
- Islam: Complete code of life (Concepts of Deen, Ibadat, Iqamat e Deen, Jahilliyat, Islamic Movement)
- Following books are assigned for self-study. Students will have tosubmit reviews each month. Islam aik Nazar men (Sadruddin Islahi);Islami Nizam e Zindgi aur uske Bunyadi Tasawwurat (Syed Maududi);Islam ki Dawat (Jalaluddeen Umari); Dawat e Deen aur Uska Tareeqa-ekar(Ameen Ahsan Islahi); Quran Majeed ka Tarruf (Sadruddin Islahi); Hasanul Banna Shaheed ki Diary (Hasanul Banna); Insani Dunya per Musalmanon ke Urooj o Zawal ke Asraat (Abul Hasan Ali Nadwi); Mazhab aur Jadeed Challenge (Wahiduddeen Khan); Iman aur Zindgi (Yusuf al Qardawi); Asaas e Deen ki Tameer (Sadruddin Islahi); and Islam aur Jadeed Zehn ke Shubhaat (Mohammed Qutub) etc.
Those students can apply for this course who
- have completed 12th Std.
- can read and write in Urdu.
- have an excellent academic record.
Md Haris Ansari has completed fazeelat from Darul Uloom Nadwatul Ulama (Lucknow). He has also completed his Advanced Diploma in Comparative Religions and Civilisations from Indian Institute of Islamic Studies and Research.
Mohammad Ashfaque Alam has completed Alimiyat from Darul Uloom Nadwatul Ulama (Lucknow) and Advanced Diploma in Comparative Religions and Civilisations from Indian Institute of Islamic Studies and Research. Currently he is pursuing his PhD in Islamic Studies from Jamia Millia Islamia.
Anisur Rehman Nadvi has completed his fazeelat from Darul Uloom Nadwatul Ulema (Lucknow) and Diploma in Dawat o Tableegh from Islami Academy. He has also completed his MA in Arabic from Delhi University. He is serving as Coordinator and Public Relation Officer at Islami Academy Trust.
Khan Yasir fv
Khan Yasir has completed his MA and MPhil in Political Science and at the moment is pursuing his PhD in the same discipline from Delhi University.